1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Not your normal vibe after lift

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by MGM_TacoEnjoyer, Mar 28, 2024.

1. Mar 28, 2024 at 5:55 PM
    MGM_TacoEnjoyer

MGM_TacoEnjoyer [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 Mgm sport dcsb
    To much
    What’s going on. So lifted my 3rd gen trd sport on 5100s (trd kit got a crazy deal installed). and got a rhythmic vibe but on the right front of the truck, now before I bring it in just wanted to get an idea of what it could be. I’ll fix it if it’s a cheap easy fix. before bringing it in and they have it for the day, now it goes away when I put it in 4h. but now the weird part when it’s in 4h the truck pulls to the right enough that if u let go of the wheel you can watch the truck drift. wasn’t doing this before the lift kinda sounds like something is rubbing on that side but I can’t see anything.

2. Mar 28, 2024 at 6:04 PM
    TacoJoeBro

TacoJoeBro Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Not Joe
    Midwest
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB OffRoad
    6112/5160 Icon RXT JBA KO2
    Did you get an alignment after lift was installed?

Stevie17 likes this.
  3. Mar 28, 2024 at 6:19 PM
    MGM_TacoEnjoyer

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 Mgm sport dcsb
    To much
    Yea I did here is what I got

IMG_5580.jpg

4. Mar 28, 2024 at 6:32 PM
    TacoJoeBro

Member:
    First Name:
    Not Joe
    Midwest
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB OffRoad
    Numbers look pretty good. I’d prefer a bit more caster, but it’s in spec. The rhythmic vibe that goes away in 4wd sounds like the needle bearing problem tacos are known for, but that’s on drivers side. Is the pulling right constant when in 4wd or just under throttle. My has a tendency to pull when in 4wd on the road, definitely more noticeable when there are grooves or ruts that the road gets from semi trucks.

5. Mar 28, 2024 at 6:35 PM
    MGM_TacoEnjoyer

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 Mgm sport dcsb
    To much
    yea I was thinking needle bearing but the sound it’s makeing is more right side. And the pulling to the right is new since the lift. Seemed to do it about the same on or off throttle

6. Mar 28, 2024 at 6:49 PM
    TacoJoeBro

Member:
    First Name:
    Not Joe
    Midwest
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB OffRoad
    Might try jacking up each side in the front and spin each wheel/tire by hand see if you can feel any dragging or noise. Maybe brake dragging or wheel bearing and it just coincidentally came about when work was done. How many miles on the truck?
    Just spitballing here...

7. Mar 28, 2024 at 7:07 PM
    MGM_TacoEnjoyer

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 Mgm sport dcsb
    To much
    Yea that’s my plan we are getting hammered here with rain so I’ll have to do it tomorrow afternoon and just see what I can see hopefully it’s easy and not something internal I’d rather fix it myself if I can

TacoJoeBro[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Mar 28, 2024 at 7:08 PM
    MGM_TacoEnjoyer

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 Mgm sport dcsb
    To much
    You doubt that’s just a tire wear thing right ? Only thing that makes me not believe it is the pulling in 4h

9. Mar 28, 2024 at 7:15 PM
    TacoJoeBro

Member:
    First Name:
    Not Joe
    Midwest
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB OffRoad
    Possibility. You could try and swap the front tire around when you’re checking the front end, but I would think if tires were causing it, it would do it in 2wd also. How’s tire pressures? If ones significantly lower it’d cause a pull. Any notable cupping or feathering on the tires?

10. Mar 28, 2024 at 7:18 PM
    MGM_TacoEnjoyer

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 Mgm sport dcsb
    To much
    All tires are within a pound of each other 34/35 psi I don’t see any cupping or anything

11. Mar 29, 2024 at 4:08 AM
    VaToy

VaToy Life Long Member

Member:
    Parts Unknown
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD DCLB Sport 4x4 Silver Sky
    Bilsteins 5100s on the top setting, 4runner Gray TRD Pro Sema wheels, 285/70/17 Toyo AT3s, Sumo Bump stops, TRD exhaust, ECGS Clamshell bushing, 1/4 shim for the lean and one inch rear block, OEM Pro grill and garnish OEM TRD Skid plate, TRD CAI, Demon Brackets, Rigid Industries Pro fog lights, OEM Trail Rails sidebars, Diode Dynamics LED SL1 high and low beam lights, OEM Roof racks, Clazzio leather heated seats, Remote Start, TRD Pro shift knob, tinted windows, Rockford Fosgate 4 channel amp for the headunit and sub and amp combo, OEM Puddle lights, OEM tailgate lock, OEM bed mat, LED interior lights, OEM blackout kit for letters, JLT catch can, upgraded 27F toyota True Start battery, Vleds led tail light kit with Pro tail lights, OEM Rave4 side mirrors with convex spotters,just to name a few mods.
    Needle bearing time, use the ECGS clamshell bushing. Some dealers use it instead of the factory needle bearing when they go bad. Drop the air pressure to 30 cold.

12. Mar 29, 2024 at 7:29 AM
    MGM_TacoEnjoyer

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 Mgm sport dcsb
    To much
    On the right side ?

13. Mar 30, 2024 at 2:50 AM
    VaToy

VaToy Life Long Member

Member:
    Parts Unknown
    Vehicle:
    Bilsteins 5100s on the top setting, 4runner Gray TRD Pro Sema wheels, 285/70/17 Toyo AT3s, Sumo Bump stops, TRD exhaust, ECGS Clamshell bushing, 1/4 shim for the lean and one inch rear block, OEM Pro grill and garnish OEM TRD Skid plate, TRD CAI, Demon Brackets, Rigid Industries Pro fog lights, OEM Trail Rails sidebars, Diode Dynamics LED SL1 high and low beam lights, OEM Roof racks, Clazzio leather heated seats, Remote Start, TRD Pro shift knob, tinted windows, Rockford Fosgate 4 channel amp for the headunit and sub and amp combo, OEM Puddle lights, OEM tailgate lock, OEM bed mat, LED interior lights, OEM blackout kit for letters, JLT catch can, upgraded 27F toyota True Start battery, Vleds led tail light kit with Pro tail lights, OEM Rave4 side mirrors with convex spotters,just to name a few mods.
    Driver's side

14. Mar 30, 2024 at 2:04 PM
    MGM_TacoEnjoyer

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 Mgm sport dcsb
    To much
    Yea it feels like it’s the right side but it’s a dealer installed kit so I’ll take it to them and let them deal with it I got a PT warranty til 140k and they told me ecgs would void it so they can deal with it they can throw parts at it on there dollar

15. Mar 31, 2024 at 3:45 AM
    VaToy

VaToy Life Long Member

Member:
    Parts Unknown
    Vehicle:
    It will just go bad again and under the Magnuson Act they cannot void your warranty. Some Toyota dealers use the ECGS bushing. I would pay out of pocket and replace it and not say anything. It will continue to vibrate even with the new needle bearing, looks like a vicious cycle until its corrected. I know it sucks but that's what your faced with. I did mine 5 years ago when I had it lifted because I knew I would have an issue sooner or later. They will stop throwing parts at it and say its normal.

Products Discussed in

To Top