1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Spline wheel lock identify

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Tvn102, Apr 22, 2024.

1. Apr 22, 2024 at 2:37 PM
    Tvn102

Tvn102 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thanh
    Elk Grove
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma Sport
    Hey taco bros. I purchased a 2016 Tacoma a year ago but I didn’t notice the wheel lock key is missing. Can anyone help identify this lock? I need the key to it. It’s got 7 spline but are not spaced evenly.

IMG_1306.jpg
    IMG_1273.jpg

2. Apr 26, 2024 at 10:16 PM
    wi_taco

wi_taco My skid plates give rocks taco flavored kisses

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    SE Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OffRoad
    Splines on that lug nut look asymetrical. Not sure if there is a "generic" key that fits it, possibly a custom key to fit the asymmetry.

If you are cool with destroying the nuts, you can try a few things. Most tire shops that need them removed I think just hammer on an impact socket of close sizing and zip it off. Or even go to a local tire shop and have them remove the nuts, they will know the tricks and probably won't cost you much at all. Nut extractor kit could work. Other methods that are more destructive might also damage your wheels so take caution as you dive down this rabbit hole.

If you are trying not to destroy the nuts, Gator Grip has a special socket with pins inside to fit irregular objects like this and could work. Or you could try contacting a company like McGuard who makes those special locking nuts and see what they can do.

TnShooter likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top