1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help me with deciding on lift

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by adicted, Mar 29, 2024.

1. Mar 29, 2024 at 6:57 AM
    adicted

adicted [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Arizona
    Well I picked up my dream truck finally and am trying to get it ready for my Turkey and 2 archery bull tags coming up. (2 kids). I'm a stereo junkie so that's the first thing I did. Local guy name MR.Musicman hooked it up. He's done several of my cars and friends. Here's a few pics. Look at the magnet size difference from stock. Tacomas door speakers are terrible. There's no room for a good sub box or subwoofer so we went with 3 shallow 10's and new doors. Everything he makes. Amps, and door speakers, subs. So all doors, subs, and 2 amps. Thing sounds great.

Now on to suspension. So I use this for work also and carry nothing heavy. I would like to tow my boat in future so I was thinking adjustable shocks to help. Everyone is telling me bilstein 6112/5160 rxt packs. That might be all I need. But I really want a great ride in the woods and desert. 5K budget. I will install. Give me some pointers please. Was looking at Icon stage 9 till i saw all the ICON bashing.

Need to fit 33's or 285/70/17 thats on there now with block lift
    t3.jpg
    speaker 1.jpg
    speaker 2.jpg

2. Mar 29, 2024 at 7:00 AM
    BoomerGVNG

BoomerGVNG GET OFF MY LAWN

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 TRD SPORT DCSB
    Truck looks great! The stock speakers do suck, but not because of the magnet size. The magnets are smaller because they are neodymium rare earth magnets, which are stronger than standard speaker magnets. I would install sound deadening material in the doors and the back wall. It really made a difference in sound quality on my truck (i did speakers at the same time).

3. Mar 29, 2024 at 7:21 AM
    Cal671

Cal671 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    calvin
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 Taco smurf, 10 fj, 16 runner
    I run 6112/5160 with jba upper for both the taco and fj never had issues with them. If you want adjustable you can look into the 8100 series.
    You can also give ADS a call see what suspension package they can set up for you they're located here in Tucson.

4. Mar 29, 2024 at 7:36 AM
    YatYas1833

YatYas1833 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    22 WHITE TRD OFFROAD 4x4 DCSB
    King 2.5’s with adjusters from accutune front and rear, 88 rotors rear add a leaf, Camburg X-joint UCA’s, Factory style trd pro 16” wheels with 0 offset, 285/75/16 KO2’s, pro grille, Front bumper viper cut, trd front skid plate, full RCI under skid plates, Cali raised trail sliders, exhaust cut dump, KDMax 10.0 tune
    I’d go with King 2.5’s with adjusters from accutune front and rear! Buy once cry once. You won’t regret it!! Nice looking truck! Digging the lunar and bronze combo!

IMG_1615.jpg

Last edited: Mar 29, 2024
  5. Mar 29, 2024 at 7:43 AM
    drizzoh

drizzoh itsjdmy0

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4x4
    Welcome dude. Truck looks great.

Sooooo many suspension options to choose from, but since you're in AZ give ADS some looking into. They're down in Tucson and build some killer stuff and are really good to work with. Also skip any type of add-a-leafs if you want to lift the rear and go with a full leaf replacement. I ran the RXT's at first and they were insanely stiff with the bed unloaded (which mine is 99.9% of the time), so Deaver is my recommendation here. Personally, I think the 5100 options are too stiff for these trucks and digressive valving is not my jam, but whatever you grab make sure you are able to get the internal valving changed if needed to tune the truck to the characteristics you want. Accutune is a good option and they know these trucks well. That said I absolutely love my ADS to death after some tuning (they tune in house). I see you have an Off-Road, my setup was valved to ride softer than that, but with a lot more feedback. I'm out on the west side if you want to check out how it rides.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2024
  6. Mar 29, 2024 at 7:58 AM
    Inyo_man

Inyo_man Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

Member:
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tacoma TRD, off-road, access cab, long bed
    Great looking rig!
    I've been very happy with suspension from Elka. Running JBA high-caster upper control arms with the 2.5 (non-resi.) struts and shocks.
    The ride is excellent IMO both laden and unladen. Deaver rear leaf springs and 700lb front Elka coils (rig is set up for car camping) round it out and work a treat. Very happy with the customer service from the mob linked below (you can give them a call to chat about your particular set-up).

https://www.headstrongoffroad.com/store/c168/Elka_Kits_-_Tacoma_2016-2023.html

Cheers

7. Mar 29, 2024 at 8:09 PM
    adicted

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Arizona
    Talking to a few people. Will let u guys known what i do.

8. Apr 1, 2024 at 2:27 PM
    AA-Ron76

AA-Ron76 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Vehicle:
    2022 Army Green Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    Did you upgrade your head unit as well? If so what did you go with? What brand did you upgrade your speakers to?

9. Apr 23, 2024 at 11:33 AM
    adicted

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Arizona
    I did not upgrade head unit...Stereo is super clean and bangs hard. My entire stereo is made by a guy local name MRMUSICMAN... he makes his own speakers and amps plus installed. If anyone in AZ wants to hear shoot me a message.

Well update on a few things.

I did the OTT tune and its definately much better. Bottom end is finally there. Much more responsive.

Also got a great deal on the ICON stage 9 with Billet UCA. Few local shops talked me into it. Have a turkey hunt this weekend but on the 4th will be installing it all. If anyone can help that knows what there doing let me know. Will make some Elk Burgers and few beers when done. In Waddell 303 and Peoria area

WilliamJames likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top