1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Southern Style Offroad new management

Discussion in 'Southern Style OffRoad' started by tgerno, Oct 5, 2023.

1. Oct 18, 2023 at 2:21 PM
    SouthernStyleOffRoad

SouthernStyleOffRoad Well-Known Member

Member:
    Noted and brought it to the engineering team.

2. Oct 19, 2023 at 10:16 AM
    SouthernStyleOffRoad

Member:
    Photo update for today:
    IMG_4298.jpg IMG_4299.jpg IMG_3513.HEIC.jpg IMG_3512.HEIC.jpg IMG_3511.HEIC.jpg IMG_3507.HEIC.jpg IMG_3515.HEIC.jpg IMG_3509.HEIC.jpg 71942710694__E19DA343-57BC-4AC6-99AA-4F6F3873B0FE.jpg IMG_3508.HEIC.jpg IMG_3514.HEIC.jpg

SR-71A, Jab969, ivanjo3l and 2 others like this.
  3. Oct 19, 2023 at 2:49 PM
    cementJay

cementJay Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    757 Va
    Vehicle:
    2018 Cement Trd Sport 4x4
    Amsoil errthang!! Kn cabin filter Weather tech window deflectors Tufskins tailgate letters Yota bed mat Blue led interior lights map & dome - Led vanity lights - (diode dynamics) Front windows 35% ctx llumar Back windows and rear window 50% llumar Trd air intake w/ afe filter Trd oil & radiator cap Trd exhaust w/ black chrome tip Diode Dynamics ss3 max yellow fogs Redline tuning hood struts Meso mirror turn signals & total tail stage 1 Red trd push to start button Goodyear Duratrac 265/70/17 w/ scs Br6 17x8.5 Bilstein 6112 setup Icon 1.5 add a leaf Remote start w/smartphone start Trd pro shift knob Yota bed extender Morimoto xb headlights Diode dynamics ss3 ditch lights OV Tune Diode dynamics grill lightbar Kenwood 697 headunit CBI covert bumper Clazzio seat covers
    @SouthernStyleOffRoad
    I know the bumpers are most likely the bulk of orders, will sliders make it out this year?

4. Oct 19, 2023 at 4:46 PM
    SouthernStyleOffRoad

Member:
    To early to tell but to be safe I am going to say not until Jan or Feb.

5. Oct 20, 2023 at 7:58 AM
    SouthernStyleOffRoad

Member:
  6. Oct 20, 2023 at 12:59 PM
    SouthernStyleOffRoad

Member:
    Dear SSO Community,

When we announced the acquisition of SSO, we committed to transparency, quality, and communication. This update is a testament to that pledge.

A Glimpse into the Past Week:

Website Revamp: Our brand-new website has successfully launched. While the initial offering is limited, we're diligently working to expand the available product range. Expect regular updates in the coming weeks.

Innovation in Engineering: We've introduced six products into our state-of-the-art engineering process, with more to come next week. Our approach involves cutting-edge 3D modeling and data acquisition tools, ensuring that every SSO product, especially bumpers, will fit seamlessly upon arrival.

First Production Run: We are ready to move six products into our manufacturing process. Each now includes a 20" universal light bar cutout, powder coat, bull bar, winch cutout, and handhold cutouts, and these are entering the last stages of development before production, with an expected finish date in December. The products are listed below.

If your order matches any of the products below, we will offer an upgrade/exchange option to accelerate the delivery of your order. Your original order will still be produced if you are not interested in an exchange or upgrade. If your products are not on this list, we are still working on them, and they will be included in a future update email from us:

Hands-on Experience: Not only did we invest in a truck for practical testing, but we also conducted a successful test fit with the first article from our manufacturing team of an SSO bumper. This hands-on approach guarantees product efficiency and user-friendliness.

Active Communication: We've had constructive dialogues with over 400 valued customers, sent large-scale emails, and engaged in over 2,000 emails, ensuring everyone is informed and heard.

Collaboration: The week was packed with five essential meetings, furthering our momentum and driving our collective vision for SSO.

Your Voice Matters: While we have been on a communication spree with over 3,000 emails exchanged, we want to ensure everyone gets an update. For swift responses, we recommend emailing us by responding to this email as our phone lines are experiencing high traffic. We're committed to addressing your queries within 48 hours.

Fill Out The Form: If you have not done so, please review the link below to confirm your order. You do not need to fill it out again if you have already filled it out. LINK

SSO Product Journey:

I've detailed a step-by-step process below to show you how our products evolve from start to finish. We invite you to review it, and as always, your questions and feedback are most welcome.

We hope to bolster trust and keep the community looped in by continuing our transparency. We're on this journey together, and with your continued support and our unwavering commitment, SSO will soar to new heights.

William Davidson

New Owner of the New SSO!

[​IMG]

LASER CUTTING PHASE - Precision in the cut.
    The first step is precise laser cutting to ensure accurate parts and the highest quality assembly when welding.

[​IMG]

WELDING PHASE - Applying the heat.
    Our skilled team handles the welding fusing pieces seamlessly. The result? A bumper that boasts both beauty and brute strength, ready for the road ahead.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

THE FINAL RESULT - Crafting to perfection.
    After welding, we inspect and prep for installation. Your bumper is not just durable; it's a metal masterpiece.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!

SR-71A likes this.
  7. Oct 20, 2023 at 2:02 PM
    SouthernStyleOffRoad

Member:
    Would you guys like the option to have the bumpers either painted, bed liner, raw or powder coat? Which would be your preferred option?

FLAK-TAC likes this.
  8. Oct 20, 2023 at 2:08 PM
    Merling

Merling Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2021 Black Tacoma TRD OR
    RCI IFS Skid Eibach Stage 2 Explore Overland Sliders
    What do you mean by upgrade/accelerate? For example if I got the full plate versa, what would be the upgrade from that

9. Oct 20, 2023 at 4:02 PM
    SouthernStyleOffRoad

Member:

If there is a bumper comparable to what you ordered, you can exchange it. In some instances, that may be an upgrade. This would result in you getting your bumper sooner rather than waiting for exactly what you ordered.

Merling[QUOTED] likes this.
  10. Oct 20, 2023 at 4:37 PM
    FLAK-TAC

FLAK-TAC Only banned twice…so far

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    2022 TRD OR LB
    How about all of the above? Any plans on adding an aluminum option for certain parts?

215Yota likes this.
  11. Oct 20, 2023 at 6:42 PM
    SouthernStyleOffRoad

Member:
    Which parts would you like to see in aluminum?

Which would you prefer, not that we cant or won't offer them all?

FLAK-TAC[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Oct 21, 2023 at 2:40 AM
    FLAK-TAC

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    2022 TRD OR LB
    I think having an aluminum slimline bumper option would be nice. Not everyone needs steel, it sheds some lb’s, won’t rust and if built right it would be a solid option for guys who don’t plan on beating their trucks against rocks but still want the look. I think there’s a company out of Canada that builds their stuff out of aluminum but I’d personally prefer to keep my $ stateside.

13. Oct 21, 2023 at 2:47 AM
    FLAK-TAC

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    2022 TRD OR LB
    And as far as finishes go I’d choose the most durable option which sounds like it’s the bed liner. I’ve had awesome results with line-x in the past. But honestly I think having the option for all is the best for a company to offer. Some guys might even want color matched bumpers even though that could turn out to be a nightmare with people complaining that the “shade” isn’t right…

SouthernStyleOffRoad likes this.
  14. Oct 21, 2023 at 8:28 AM
    ToolsNFools

ToolsNFools Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Berk
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2021 White TRD Off Road
    I’m just in a weird spot. I have a few thousands in additional parts that have been sitting in my garage to support. I have a heretic light bar, warn winch, factor 55 link and a icon lift kit to support the weight with spc upper control arms. My concerns are I should technically be getting my bumper this month my purchase was mainly due to last winter and going through multiple blizzards and my led headlights made it very dangerous so I got the heretic amber light bar and the bumper to mount properly. I don’t want to sit through another winter without it if I have to wait till march. I am also transferring due to military move around then and I’m worried if it arrives after I might be gone.

It’s just worrying if they are fulfilling orders based on original order date or some other way? Anyone hear info on this?

Also since they are switching to mass production methods what if any short cuts to quality and design will there be? Will the coatings be the same? Will it look the same or be modified to fit mass production making the bumper look different? I chose this bumper for how it seems to fit the lines perfectly compared to other brands. Makes me question if this was due to being hand built vs automation shortfalls. Also will the quality of steel be the same? Also a lot of people might be out of luck I know credit companies have a deadline for a claim.

15. Oct 21, 2023 at 12:02 PM
    SouthernStyleOffRoad

Member:
    We prioritize fulfillment based on the parts with the highest number of backorders. This approach ensures efficient allocation of time and effort for each part. If we were to fulfill a part with just one backorder but considered the oldest, it would result in longer lead times for most customers.

Thanks for bringing up your concerns regarding our bumper production methods and their potential impact on quality and design. Your feedback is important to us, and I'd like to address your questions regarding our production process:

1. Not "Mass" Production: It's important to clarify that we utilize batch production for our bumpers, not mass production in large quantities. This approach allows us to produce multiple bumpers simultaneously while maintaining high attention to detail and quality control.

2. Quality and Design: Our commitment to delivering high-quality products with exceptional design remains unwavering. Whether we are producing a few or several bumpers at a time, we ensure that each batch adheres to our stringent quality standards and retains the aesthetics you appreciate.

3. Coatings and Appearance: Rest assured that any adjustments made for batch production ( the plan currently is each one will be powder coated by hand) are carefully considered to ensure the bumper retains its signature look and finish. We are dedicated to preserving the coatings and appearance that our customers love.

4. Quality of Steel: The quality of the steel used in our bumpers will continue to meet our rigorous standards for durability and safety, regardless of the production method. All steel is sourced from US suppliers, and the products are still made in America.

5. Customer Support: If you have any concerns about your purchase or encounter any issues with our products, our customer support team is here to assist you. Don't hesitate to reach out, and we'll address any questions or concerns you may have promptly.
    Your satisfaction is our top priority, and we greatly value your loyalty to our brand. If you have any more questions or concerns, please feel free to ask. We're here to help.

AllTacosFloat and Merling like this.
  16. Oct 21, 2023 at 12:25 PM
    SouthernStyleOffRoad

Member:
    Would you be willing to pay more for aluminum? The aluminum plate and welding cost more than carbon steel powder coated.

17. Oct 21, 2023 at 12:52 PM
    FLAK-TAC

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    2022 TRD OR LB
    Yes, aluminum comes with a higher price tag but I believe the benefits outweigh the cost difference for some people, but if it’s like a $1000 etc. more for aluminum it will obviously not work…

18. Oct 21, 2023 at 12:55 PM
    SouthernStyleOffRoad

Member:
    Thank you for the feedback. I will bring it up with the team. I think it would add a substantial cost, but if we can go with a thinner aluminum, we may be able to get the price down to offset the increase in welding. So if it added $300-400 more, would the benefits outweigh your cost? Keep in mind it would not be as strong as the steel. Would you want it raw or coated? I assume you would want it coated.

FLAK-TAC[QUOTED] likes this.
  19. Oct 21, 2023 at 1:21 PM
    FLAK-TAC

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    2022 TRD OR LB
    I personally would prefer it raw so I could deal with it locally. In my experience coated aluminum looks like ass after awhile due to oxidation and dissimilar metals where it’s mounted but my experience is mostly from the marine industry. Powder coat never holds up… A good aluminum coating that can hold up to the elements would be something to explore…

20. Oct 21, 2023 at 1:28 PM
    FLAK-TAC

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    2022 TRD OR LB
    $3-400 isn’t a terrible jump for most guys I think for the benefits of aluminum. As far as using thinner aluminum that would be another good option to have. I’ll never say aluminum is as tough as steel but when it’s built properly you can beat the hell out of it.

To Top